What is Evergreen Indiana?
Evergreen Indiana (EI) is a growing network of public libraries throughout Indiana that use the Evergreen software to allow patrons of member libraries to view the catalogs of other member libraries and to borrow materials from them using their Evergreen Indiana library card.
Patrons enjoy a wide range of benefits as members of Evergreen Indiana.
- Access a much larger collection containing over 1 million items.
- Place holds on most books at member libraries and have them sent here. (except for AV materials, including DVDs, CDs, VCR tapes and items added within the previous 6 months.)
- Return items from other member libraries at this location.
- Use all Evergreen member libraries.
- Manage your own library accounts.
- Another great benefit of Evergreen Indiana is that it allows member libraries to share resources and reduce costs.
The Indiana State Library has estimated an annual cost savings of between $10,000,000 and $15,000,000 for Indiana tax payers once all 238 public libraries in the state participate
To ensure consistency of service across the network, membership in Evergreen Indiana requires libraries to adopt and abide by the common policies of the consortium.
What are some of the changes?
- Most items may only be renewed twice.
- Pre‐overdue notices will be emailed to patrons with valid email accounts three (3) days prior to the due date.
- Overdue fines for all materials will be calculated at $.25 per day, per item with a $10.00 cap per item.
- A $10.00 per item nonrefundable processing fee will be charged for lost or damaged items in addition to item replacement costs and any applicable collection fees.
- The library will no longer issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned.
- Fines may not exceed $10.00 to check out; the library will no longer accept percentage payments on fines in order to check out.