What is Evergreen Indiana?
Evergreen Indiana is a growing consortium of more than 100 public, school and institutional libraries located throughout Indiana that use the Evergreen ILS. Patrons of member libraries can use their Evergreen Indiana library card to view the catalogs and borrow materials from the other member libraries. For a full list of participating libraries, please visit the Member Libraries page on the Indiana State Library website.
Patrons enjoy a wide range of benefits as members of Evergreen Indiana.
- Access a much larger collection containing over 1 million items.
- Place holds on most books at member libraries and have them sent here.
- Return items from other member libraries at this location.
- Use all Evergreen member libraries.
- Manage your own library account.
To ensure consistency of service across the network, membership in Evergreen Indiana requires libraries to adopt and abide by the common policies of the consortium.
What are some of the changes?
- Most items may only be renewed twice.
- Pre‐overdue notices will be emailed to patrons with valid email accounts three (3) days prior to the due date.
- Overdue fines for all materials will be calculated at $.25 per day, per item with a $10.00 cap per item.
- A $10.00 per item nonrefundable processing fee will be charged for lost or damaged items in addition to item replacement costs and any applicable collection fees.
- The library will no longer issue refunds for lost items that have been paid for and later returned.
- Fines may not exceed $10.00 to check out; the library will no longer accept percentage payments on fines in order to check out.