Logging into your account from the online catalog
- Open a web browser and navigate to your Evergreen OPAC (www.evergreen.lib.in.us).
- Click My Account (upper right hand corner).
- Enter your Username and Password.
a. By default, your username is your library card number.
b. Your password is a 4 digit code provided when your account was created. If you
forgot your password, contact your library to have it reset or use the online
section called, “Password Reset.”
- Click Login
a. At the first login, you will be prompted to change your password.
b. After updating the password, you must enter your Username and Password again.
- Your Account Summary page displays.
To view your account details, click one of the My Account tabs. To start a search, enter a term in the search box at the top of the page and click Go! If using a public computer be sure to log out!
To reset your password:
- Click on the Forgot your password? link located under the login button.
- Fill in the Barcode and User Name text boxes.
- A pop up message should appear indicating that your request has been processed and that you will recieve an email with further instructions.
- An email will be sent to the email address you have registered with your Evergreen library. You should click on the link included in the email to open the password reset page. Processing time may vary. You will need to have a valid email account set up in Evergreen for you to reset your password. Otherwise, you will need to contact your library to have your password reset by library staff.
- At the reset email page you should enter the new password in the New Password field and re-enter it in the Re-enter New Password field.
- Click submit.
- A message should appear on the page indicating that your password has been reset.
- Login to your account with your new password.
Users can view staff notes, home library, address, and phone numbers. They can also change their username, password, and email.
Items Checked Out
Users can manage items currently checked out, view overdue items and see how many renewals they have remaining for specific item.
Items on Hold
From My Account patrons can manage items currently being requested.
To edit items on hold:
- Login to My Account, click the Items on Hold tab.
- Select the hold to modify.
- Click Edit or Actions for Selected Holds
- Select the change to make and follow the instructions.
Clicking on the fines tab will allow you to see your Total Owed, Total Paid, and Balance Owed.
From here you can mange display preferences including: search hits per page, default font size, default hold notification method, default search location, and default search range.
After changing any of these settings, remember to click Save Preference Changes.
My Bookbags is a feature that allows you to create lists of library materials. These lists create links to records in the catalog, but are otherwise completely private and only accessible by you when logged in to your Account.
You have the option to share specific lists with people whom you choose (send them the direct URL), or more generally via RSS feed. Shared bookbags do NOT create a link to your personal library account information or private bookbags. You can share or unshare bookbags at any time.
You can create as many bookbags as you want. Your bookbags will stay in your account until you delete them.
Items remain in bookbags until you remove them. Even if the item record is removed from the catalog, the bookbag entry will remain (but there will be no link to the catalog.)
Create a new Bookbag
- Login to My Account, click My Bookbags.
- At Create a new Bookbag, enter the name of the new Bookbag.
- Select yes or no for the Share this Bookbag option.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK.
Add items to a Bookbag
1. Search for an item, open the Title Record
2. Open the More Actions… list; click the Bookbag name.
3. Click OK.
Share a Bookbag
1. Login to My Account, click My Bookbags.
2. Find the Bookbag to share, click Share this Bookbag.
3. Click OK.
4. Click View to open the list as a webpage.
5. Copy and send this URL to selected recipients or embed in another website.
6. Click the RSS icon, add the list to an RSS reader.