The Monon Town & Township Public Library exists to serve the educational, informational, and recreational needs of people of all ages in the community. The library’s program room is open to individuals and groups sponsoring programs and activities consistent with this goal. The library staff will gladly help groups make use of library resources when planning their programs.
The library’s program room (seating capacity: 49) is available for use by the public as provided under the following rules and regulations.
- The program room is available to groups or individuals. Individuals shall be considered in the same manner as groups in the application of these rules governing the use of the program room.
- The library will not accept standing reservations. An application must be filled out each time the room is used.
- The program room is unavailable for:
- Political functions
- Religious services and/or instruction on a regular basis
- Social functions (showers, family parties, receptions, etc.)
- The library board of trustees has given the director the authority to supervise program room use and interpret these policies. The director has the right to waive the regulations whenever it is in the best interest of the community or the library. The library board reserves the right to alter or waive the rules.
USE OF ROOM
- The program room is available the following hours:
- 10am-7pm Monday/Wednesday│10am-6pm Tuesday/Thursday/Friday│10am-3pm Saturday│Excluding Sundays & holidays│Reservations outside of normal library hours will need director approval.
- The key (if meeting outside of library hours) must be picked up the day of the meeting during open library hours. The key may be returned in the drop box, or the next day.
- Users may not store equipment & supplies at the library.
- Responsible adults must be in attendance whenever minors are present.
- Users are responsible for arranging tables & chairs for their use and then returning them to the original arrangement. Please be sure lights are off.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not allowed in the building.
- The group or individual reserving the program room takes full responsibility for damages and will be charged for damages. Abuse will be cause for denial of use of the room.
- The library assumes no liability for any loss or damage that may result from the use of the program room/sink area by the sponsoring body or attendees.
- Non-profit groups may use the room without charge.
- There is a $75.00 fee when the program room is requested by a for-profit organization for monetary gain or training. This should be paid when a representative of the group picks up the key. This fee applies each day the room is used.
- The room may be used for money-making projects to benefit the library. A reasonable fee to cover expenses and supplies may be charged to those attending programs sponsored by the library.
- Individuals or groups reserving the program room may not charge an admission fee.
- Special arrangements must be made at time of reservation for use of library’s audio-visual equipment.
- Cooking of meals is not allowed. Light refreshments are permitted.
- Users are expected to provide their own supplies.
- Sink area should be left clean and tidy.
- Tentative reservation may be made by phone. A written room reservation form must be completed by the official representative of the group, who assumes responsibility for use. The library should be notified of cancellation a week in advance.
- Reservations are taken on a first-come basis. Library programs will always take precedence over all other scheduling. Non-profit groups will have precedence over for-profit groups.
- The library reserves the right to change reservations for the program room at any time.